Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Appropriate First Entry...

I started this blog to talk about interests and the craziness that is my life. I have many passions in life, none more relevant to me than music, cinema, and fashion. I have been having a love affair with Hip Hop since I can remember. I'm an 80's baby, so I've grown with culture. I've rapped, I've spun records, I still write Graf, and last but certainly not least I have attempted to break dance (without success), that last one wasn't a good look for me though. The title of my blog, for those of you who are not hip hop heads, comes from 3 different album titles: Supreme Clientele, Food & Liquor. and The Cool. If you don't know, shit, you better ask somebody... wikipedia that shit. Go buy, DO NOT DOWNLOAD, those albums and I guarantee you won't be disappointed. I will go more in depth at a later date because this first entry is reserved for someone very important.



With that being said, I have to remark on the events of yesterday. I was at work when I learned of tragic events, Pimp C of the Classic Southern Pioneering act UGK passed away. He was found in his LA hotel room, while details are not clear as of yet, what I'm gathering is he died of "natural causes". How one dies from "natural causes" at 34 I'm not so sure but I will keep you posted as I find out more.

UGK (Underground Kings) along with OutKast were the two acts the enabled me to give respect to Southern Hip Hop. The youngsters out there probably think Jay-Z put them on by having them on "Big Pimpin'", little do they know Jay had been barrowing lines from UGK long before that track had come out. Their 1996 album "Ridin' Dirty" stays in heavy rotation for me. It's classic material, and sadly the last few bars of his verse on the track "ONE DAY" remain true to this day:
"My world a trip you can ask Bun B bitch I aint no liar
My man RoRo jus lost his baby in a house fire
And then when I got on my knees that night to pray
I asked God why he let these killas live and take my homeboy's son away
Man if you got kids show em you love em cuz God jus might call em home
Cuz one day you here but baby the next day you gone"




Here are some classic videos UGK track and features


International Players- f/ Outkast


Pourin' Up


Big Pimpin'


Front, Back


To one of illest to do it-
R.I.P.
Chad Butler (Dec 29th 1973- Dec 4th 2007)


No comments: